Hair transplantation is a worldwide surgical technique which consists of extracting hair from a donor area (usually the back or side of the head, but also the beard and other areas if necessary) under local anaesthesia and implanting to the bald spots. During this operation the grafts, or the hair follicles, are harvested from donor area then are transferred to the prepared section of the head. As long as the donor area is sufficient, any person with hair loss can undergo a hair transplant.
There are various tecniques in the Hair Transplantation operation:
- DHI or Direct Hair Implantation: The application of the follicle is performed without shaving the receiving or donor area. No stitches.
- FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction: The absence of evident scarring. Less invasive thanks to the use of a small puncture.
- Sapphire FUE: There is less scarring on the scalp. No complications after the operation. A higher thickness of the grafted area.
- FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation: Removing a long strip of the scalp, separating the follicles, and then transplanting them.
While these tecniques are giving patients natural-looking results, the outcome still depends largely on the surgeon and the clinic or hospital you select.
Turkey is truly the best option on the planet for patients who wish to undergo hair transplantation because of its very experienced doctors, state of the art technology in the clinics, high service quality and competitive pricing. Hundreds of thousands of international patients travel to Turkey every year for hair transplantation, making the country a world leading destination for medical tourism. And Istanbul claims the title of hair transplant capital of the world.
The most popular sought-after technique of hair transplantation in Turkey is the FUE which stands for Follicular Unit Extraction. It's a minimally invasive hair restoration surgery. The procedure in the clinic takes between 4-10 hours, depending on the number of grafts (follicular units) to be planted. Usually patients remain awake during the entire surgery and need only a local anesthesia on the head. 2 to 8 weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out; This is normal, it's called "shock loss". Final results will be taken in 12 to 18 months.
The hair transplantation clinics in Turkey provide an all-inclusive package:
- Online hair consultation
- Transportation between airport, hotel, hospital
- Hotel accommodation
- Pre-operative blood tests
- Professional interpreter
- Post-operative hair wash, instructions, prescriptions
Remember to select a reliable clinic or hospital for your hair transplantation and the experienced surgeons and healthcare professionals.
ALL TRAVEL SERVICES ARE BEEN ARRANGED BY A GOVERNMENT LICENSED & RELIABLE TRAVEL AGENCY