Day 1 Fri: ARRIVE Istanbul
Arrive in Istanbul, meet our driver and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is at your own leisure. Meals at guests' expense.
Day 2 Sat: Istanbul
After breakfast, start your visits of the Highlights: The Hagia Sophia Church, built in the 6th century AD by Justinian and became the largest church in the world for many centuries until its conversion into a mosque by the Ottoman Sultan where you can see beautiful mosaics of Byzantine art. The Byzantine Hippodrome where horses and chariots raced once upon a time. The Blue Mosque, famous for its tiles and interior decorations, the most important mosque of the city. Topkapi Palace, the residence of the Ottoman Sultans for about 400 years. The Grand Bazaar for a leisure afternoon with more than 3,000 shops. Overnight in Istanbul. Dinner at guests' expense. (B-L)
Day 3 Sun: Istanbul - Ankara - Cappadocia
Following breakfast, transfer to the airport for an early flight to Ankara. On arrival, visit the Mausoleum of Ataturk where our national hero who founded modern Republic of Turkey is buried. Then depart for Cappadocia driving around Anatolian highlands. After a picturesque trip along the Salt Lake, arrive in Cappadocia for an overnight stay in this magic land. (B-L-D)
Day 4 Mon: Cappadocia
Breakfast in the hotel and a full day excursion in Cappadocia including visits to the Kaymakli Underground City, Open Air Museum with rock churches and frescoues in Goreme, Uchisar valley and many other valleys with so-called "fairy chimneys". Here, you will have the opportunity to discover and understand the rich history behind local handicrafts too. At the end of the day return back to the hotel and overnight in Cappadocia. (B-L-D)
Day 5 Tue: DEPART Cappadocia
After the breakfast in the morning, transfer to the airport. End of services. (B)
(B) Breakfast - (D) Dinner
It is possible to combine this tour with Izmir Mini Package at the end of the tour, or extend your stay in Istanbul at the beginning of the tour.
- This tour is a Guaranteed Departure Tour run on Fridays (Day 1) from Istanbul on certain dates only, therefore it's adviced to re-confirm the exact dates.
- Arrival at Istanbul can be arranged before Friday (we can arrange extra nights in Istanbul for you) but it's important that guests depart for Ankara / Cappadocia on Sunday morning in order to join the group.
- Order of the visits may be changed for the convenience of the tour.
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays, Topkapi Palace on Tuesdays, Grand Bazaar on Sundays & Turkish public and religious holidays. On these specific days, they'll be substituted with other museums or sites depending on the convenience of the program and schedule.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 8 participants!
ALL TRAVEL SERVICES FOR THIS TOUR ARE BEEN ARRANGED BY A GOVERNMENT LICENSED & RELIABLE TRAVEL AGENCY